Beetroot & Sesame Thepla Recipe
Beetroot & Sesame Thepla Recipe is a must try Indian bread that you would relish it when you have it along with some subzi.
Beetroot & Sesame Thepla Recipe is a must try Indian bread that you would relish it when you have it along with some subzi. The Indian bread is made by adding grated beetroot into the wheat flour and spiced up with some Indian masala like garam masala, amchur powder and coriander powder. At the end it is rolled flat and cooked on a griddle with sesame seeds on top.Adding beetroot to your everyday dish is very important as it contains good amount of magnesium and potassium. It is also a good source of dietary fiber that are essential for our everyday diet.Serve the Beetroot & Sesame Thepla Recipe along with a Besan Kela Subzi, Gujarati Dal, and salad by the side to make it a nutritious meal.If you are looking for more thepla recipes here are some :Sweet Potato Thepla/Paratha RecipeMooli Paratha (Thepla) (Indian Flat Bread with Radish)Karela Thepla Recipe (Bitter Gourd Indian Flat Bread)
|Cuisine||North Indian Recipes|
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||15 min|
|Cooking Time ||25 min|
|Total Time ||40 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 4 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Beetroot & Sesame Thepla
- 1 Beetroot - grated
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 3 teaspoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
- Salt - to taste
- Chilled water - as needed
How to make Beetroot & Sesame Thepla
- To begin making the Beetroot & Sesame Thepla Recipe, wash and peel the beetroot skin.
- Grate the vegetable finely.Take a mixing bowl and add the grated beetroot.
- Add all the masala powder, salt and ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients.Add whole wheat flour into the mixing bowl and knead it to a smooth dough with enough water.Take a small portion of the wheat flour dough and flatten it using a rolling pin into form a flat round dough.Heat the Tawa to medium heat & add the thepla on the hot tawa.Cook the beetroot thepla for about a minute & then flip and cook on the other side for a minute or till done.Apply butter or oil as needed to grease it while cooking.Serve the Beetroot & Sesame Thepla Recipe along with aBesan Kela Subzi,Gujarati Dal, and salad by the side to make it a nutritious meal.
Explore Related Recipes
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.