Cantonese Style Dimsums Recipe-Sweet Corn & Tofu Steamed Dumpling
Cantonese Style Dim Sum Recipe are Chinese appetizer that are stuffed with a filling and steamed in a bamboo steamer.Dim sum are generally stuffed with barbecued pork (Char Siu) but in this recipes, we have stuffed with sweet corn and tofu. Serve it along with noodles or chopsuey to make a complete meal.
Cantonese Style Dim Sum Recipe is a famous bite sized snack prepared in China mainly in the Cantonese region. Generally it is served in a small bamboo steamer basket or even on a plate. These are taken on a trolley so that it can served immediately to guests without leaving their seats.The word Dim sum is translated from Chinese which means 'Touch to the Heart'. It is usually linked to 'Yum Cha' which means drinking tea. As in the olden days the travelers used to rest near the roadside, they were offered tea along with dim sum and thus the tradition began.Dim sum are generally stuffed with barbecued pork (Char Siu) but in this recipes, the vegetarians can consume with a different variation by stuffing it with sweet corn and tofu. Serve the Cantonese Style Dim Sum Recipe with Cantonese Style Pan Fried Noodles to make a complete meal. If you are looking for more Tea Time Recipes here are some of our favourites : Authentic Nimki Recipe (Evening Tea Time Snack)Mint and Coriander Spicy Multigrain Cracker Recipe (Mathri)Samosa Recipe (A Spiced Potato Tea Time Snack)
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||20 min|
|Cooking Time ||30 min|
|Total Time ||50 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 4 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Cantonese Style Dimsums -Sweet Corn & Tofu Steamed Dumpling
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- Salt - to taste
- 2 Onions - sliced
- 1/2 cup Tofu - chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn
- 5 Garlic - chopped
- 1 inch Ginger - finely chopped
- 2 sprig Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens)
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Chilli vinegar
- Salt - to taste
How to make Cantonese Style Dimsums -Sweet Corn & Tofu Steamed Dumpling
- To begin making theCantonese Style Dim Sum RecipeTo make the doughMix all the ingredients to make a dough for the wonton wrappers in a large mixing bowl.
- Add enough water to get a soft but not a sticky dough consistency.
- Once done cover it with a damp cloth so that it does not become dry.To make the fillingThe next step is to heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil, add ginger, garlic, onion and corn.
- Saute them nicely till it is all caramelized and cooked.Later add in the Tofu along with soya sauce and chilli vinegar, give it a stir.
- Check for seasoning by adding enough salt that is required.
- Finally add the spring onions, toss it over and rest it aside to cool.To make the cantonese style dimumsNow it is time to roll the wonton wrappers, divide the dough into small ball shaped balls, roll each ball on a board, the dough has to be rolled very thin making sure it does not tear.
- Roll the dough into a circle shape.Once done, in a small bowl keep some water ready to bind the wonton mixture, Take a teaspoon of the filling and place it in the center of the rolled dough, dab some water on the edges of the dough.Fold the wonton wrapper into half, from one end start making small folds and pinch it in order to seal it tightly.Heat a vegetable gas steamer by adding one cup of water below, apply some oil on the plate where the dumpling are kept, once the water starts to boil, place all the dumplings and cover them.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes.Serve theCantonese Style Dim Sum Recipe with Cantonese Style Pan Fried Noodles.
Explore Related Recipes
- High Protein Chickpea Potato Hash Brown Recipe
- Baked Bitter Gourd Bhajji Recipe - Karela Fritters
- Maharashtrian Style Farasbi Chi Bhaji Recipe - Beans Cooked With Peanuts
- Paya Curry Recipe Lamb Trotters
- Whole Wheat Black Forest Cake In A Jar Recipe (Eggless)
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.