Chettinad Cauliflower Pepper Fry Recipe (Milagu Pirattal Poriyal)
50+ Collection of South Indian Dry Vegetable Sabzi from TamilNadu Poriyal Recipes, Andhra Koora Recipes, Kerala Thoran Recipes, Karnataka Palya Recipes & more.
Chettinad Poo Kosu Poriyal also known as Chettinad Milagu Pirattal Poriyal is a classic dish from Chettinad (Tamil Nadu). Chettinad Cuisine is very popular for its recipes to use, small onions, black pepper and lots of spices. The addition of black pepper in this cauliflower recipe along with sauteed onions, brings out great taste.Serve theChettinad Cauliflower Pepper Fry / Milagu Pirattal Poriyal along withVendakkai SambarandSteamed Ricefor weekend lunch or weeknight dinner.If you like this recipe, you can also try other Dry Vegetable recipes such asSweet Corn Poriyal RecipeAwadhi Style Karela ka Dulma RecipeDahi Suran Ki Sabzi Recipe
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||15 min|
|Cooking Time ||40 min|
|Total Time ||55 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 4 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Chettinad Cauliflower Pepper Fry (Milagu Pirattal Poriyal)
- 1 Cauliflower (gobi) - cut into florets
- 12 Pearl onions (Sambar Onions) - finely chopped (or 2 regular medium size onions)
- 2 Garlic - cloves grated
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- Salt - to taste
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Sunflower Oil - for cooking
How to make Chettinad Cauliflower Pepper Fry (Milagu Pirattal Poriyal)
- To begin making theChettinad Cauliflower Pepper Fry Recipe (Milagu Pirattal Poriyal), first get all the ingredient ready and keep it by the side.
- It always helps to have things ready so the cooking process can be faster and quicker.We will steam the cauliflower in the steamer until it is firm and yet cooked.
- Steaming, retains the nutrition of the vegetable and helps the cooking process of theChettinad Cauliflower Pepper Fry Recipe faster.
- This should not take more than 3 minutes on high heat.Heat a tablespoon of oil inheavy bottomed pan or a kadaion medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Add the sliced onion and garlic and saute on low to medium heat until the onions have turned lightly golden brown.Take care not to burn the onion and garlic.
- Next add the curry leaves, turmeric powder, black pepper, cinnamon and coriander powder.
- Give it a stir and add the steamed cauliflower florets.Sprinkle some salt and stir all the ingredients carefully until the spices coat the cauliflower well.Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste.Serve theChettinad Cauliflower Pepper Fry along with Vendakkai Sambar and Steamed Rice for weekend lunch or weeknight dinner.
Explore Related Recipes
- Strawberry and Avocado Caprese Salad Recipe
- Baked Homemade Croutons Recipe With Herbs
- Up to Rice Pongal Recipe -Kodo Millet Pongal
- Apple Vanilla Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe
- Millet Cottage Cheese Fritters Recipe-Flavored With Za"atar,
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.