Curried Couscous Recipe
Curried Couscous, is a Non African staple food which is very easy to cook and takes very less time to prepare.
Couscous are small granules of semolina and a very popular North African staple food. Curried Couscous, a healthy and filling food is very easy to cook and takes very less time to prepare. This dish is a combination of cooked vegetables and is mixed with steaming hot couscous.Serve Curried Couscous with Watermelon Carrot Radish juice for a healthy breakfast.If you like this recipe, you can also try Broken wheat and mixed millet upmaand Quinoa and Vegetable Saute.
|Diet||High Protein Vegetarian|
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||10 min|
|Cooking Time ||20 min|
|Total Time ||30 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 2 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Curried Couscous
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1/2 cup Spinach - chopped
- 1/4 cup Green beans (French Beans) - chopped
- 1/4 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 1/4 cup Celery - chopped
- 1 Onion - chopped
- 1 Tomato - chopped
- 2-3 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1/4 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt) - beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry powder
- Salt - to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to make Curried Couscous
- To begin with Curried Couscous, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan and add garlic and onions.Saute for a minute or until the onions are light brown in colour.
- Now add green beans, peas, celery, spinach and tomato.Cover it with a lid and cook it for 2-3 minutes just to make the vegetables a little tender.Meanwhile, boil 2 cups of water with salt and one tablespoon of olive oil.In a mixing bowl add couscous and the boiled water.
- Let it sit for 7-8 minutes.
- Stir with fork to separate the grains.Add yogurt, turmeric powder, curry powder and paprika powder to the vegetables.
- Remove from heat and add the veggies to the cooked couscous.
- Mix it properly and your dish is ready to be served.Serve Curried Couscous withWatermelon Carrot Radish juicefor a healthy breakfast.
Explore Related Recipes
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.