Idli Tikka Recipe With Sambar
Here is something you can make for your next party - the eye-catching recipe of Idli Tikka arranged on dessert bowls and poured with sambar on top and served with chutney to dunk is absolutely delicious.
Idli Tikka Recipe was innovated when I wanted to serve idli in a different style to my kids. To the kids who love eye-appetizing recipes and a bit skeptic towards the traditional recipes, it is actually a lot easier to stuff all the good stuff, by a recipe like this one. This extraordinary and eye-catching recipe of Idli Tikka is arranged on the dessert bowls and poured with sambar on top. I have given you the recipe of tomato & vegetable sambar as well.Serve Idli Tikka Recipe alongside a bowl of runny South Indian Coconut Chutney and Peanut Chutney Powder Recipe for dinner or for a Sunday brunch to spice up your weekend with family.If you like this recipe, try more recipes likeMini Idli Upma Recipe (Steamed Rice Cake Stir Fry)Carrot & Cheese Filled Idli RecipeTadkewali Idli Recipe
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||20 min|
|Cooking Time ||30 min|
|Total Time ||50 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 2 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Idli Tikka With Sambar
- 2 cups Idli Dosa Batter
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt - to taste if needed
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) - cubed
- 1 cup Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) - cubed
- 1 cup Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) - cubed
- Salt - to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Sunflower Oil - to saute veggies
- 1 cup Arhar dal (Split Toor Dal) - washed
- 1 cup Tamarind Water
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Sambar Powder
- 1/2 cup Pearl onions (Sambar Onions)
- 1/2 cup Bottle gourd (lauki) - cooked and finely chopped
- 1 Drumstick - cooked and cut into medium pieces
- 1 Tomato - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 6 Curry leaves
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 3 Kashmiri dry red chillies - broken
How to make Idli Tikka With Sambar
- To begin makingIdli Tikka Recipe, take theidli dosa batter, and keep ready.
- Keep the idli steamer to preheat, with water inside.
- Make sure that the water level does not touch or cross the idli plates when arranges inside.Grease all the cavities of idli steaming pan and pour in the batter into each cavity.Once done, steam the idlis for 10-15 minutes of full heat or till done.
- Here I have used mini idli pan too do these idlis.In a shallow frying pan, heat a teaspoon of oil.Once hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves and allow it to crackle and the dal to turn golden brown and crisp. Add idlis in the pan and toss to coat.
- Add salt only if needed.
- Take care that the idlis don't break while tossing.
- Saute lightly and turn off heat.To Saute Veggies:In a shallow frying pan, heat a bit of oil and add all the vegetables and saute for 4-5 minutes on low-medium heat or till slightly tender but cooked al dente.
- Keep aside.On a wooden skewer, thread a piece of red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper then a green bell pepper, then one mini idli, and again do same ordering for second idli, and arrange them on a serving bowl.To make SambarTo prepare sambar, in a pressure cooker, cook arhar dal with enough water, to about 3 whistles or till mushy.
- Allow the pressure to release by itself.
- Once the pressure has released, mash the dal and keep aside.
- Transfer the dal to another bowl and keep aside.Into the pressure cooker, add the onions, vegetables, turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt and tamarind water.Pressure cook for 2 whistles and turn off the heat.
- Add the cooked dal to this mixture and give it a brisk boil.
- Check the salt and spices and adjust according to taste.In a tadka pan, heat a teaspoon of oil.
- Once hot, add the ingredients to temper the sambar and wait until they splutter well and switch off heat.
- Pour this on the sambar and give it a stir.Pour sambar to the bowl and enjoy the idlis and bell peppers after dunking them in!ServeIdli Tikka Recipe alongside a bowl ofSouth Indian Coconut ChutneyandPeanut Chutney Powder Recipefor dinner or for a Sunday brunch to spice up your weekend.
Explore Related Recipes
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.