Karnataka Style Beetroot Palya Recipe
50+ Collection of South Indian Dry Vegetable Sabzi from TamilNadu Poriyal Recipes, Andhra Koora Recipes, Kerala Thoran Recipes, Karnataka Palya Recipes & more.
Karnataka Style Beetroot Palya Recipe is a simple beetroot stir fry with aromatic sambar masala. It is also mildly flavoured with garlic cloves pounded with freshly grated coconut.Beetroot is said to have high content of iron and folates making it a highly nutritious vegetable. If taken regularly, it also helps in reducing the acidity in the body.Serve the deliciousKarnataka Style Beetroot Palya Recipe along with Steamed Rice, Keerai Sambar and Elai Vadam for a simple weekday lunch.If you like this recipe, you can also try other Beetroot Recipes such as:Andhra Style Beetroot Vepudu RecipeBeetroot Stew with Coconut Milk RecipeBeetroot Poriyal Recipe
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||10 min|
|Cooking Time ||10 min|
|Total Time ||20 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 4 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Karnataka Style Beetroot Palya
- 500 grams Beetroot - cut into long strips
- 4 tablespoons Fresh coconut - grated
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion - finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Sambar Powder
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Asafoetida (hing) - a pinch
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons Sunflower Oil
- Salt - to taste
How to make Karnataka Style Beetroot Palya
- To begin making theKarnataka Style Beetroot Palya Recipe, peel the outer skin of the beetroot, cut it into long thin strips and keep aside.Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add the mustard seeds, and let it crackle.
- Add the asafoetida, red chilli, curry leaves and let it splutter.Add the onions and saute until it turns translucent.Once the onions are translucent, add in the beetroot, season with salt, mix well and cook until the beetroot is half cooked.Add in the sambar masala and, toss well and let the beetroot cook well.Once the beetroot is cooked, pound the grated coconut and garlic cloves using a pestle and mortar, and add it to the pan.Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes and switch off the heat.Serve the deliciousKarnataka Style Beetroot Palya Recipealong withSteamed Rice,Keerai SambarandElai Vadamfor a simple weekday lunch.
Explore Related Recipes
- Beans Matki Bhaji Recipe - Green Beans Moth Beans Sabzi
- Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe
- Tempura Chicken Wings With Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- Samai Arisi Pidi Kozhukattai (Tamil Nadu Breakfast Recipe)
- Raw Banana Thoran Recipe
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.