Karnataka Style Utthatthi Payasa Recipe - Dry Dates Kheer
Karnataka Style Utthatthi Payasa Recipe is the Dry Dates Kheer made with jaggery, nuts, and dry dates. his recipe can be prepared in the vegan style with thick coconut milk instead of milk. This payasa is also suited for diabetic people for a spoonful of indulgence as it doesnt call for heaps of sugar.
Karnataka Style Utthatthi Payasa Recipe is the Dry Dates Kheer made with handy ingredients like jaggery, nuts, and dry dates. This recipe can be prepared in the vegan style with thick coconut milk instead of milk. This payasa is also suited for diabetic people for a spoonful of indulgence as it doesnt call for heaps of sugar. Prepare this Uttatthi Payasa and you will be lost in the delectable sweetness of dates.ServeKarnataka Style Utthatthi Payasa Recipe for dessert after meal of Keerai Sambar, Steamed Rice and Chow Chow Thoran or serve it as part of a festive meal.Here are few more recipes to try with dates, here are some:Banana and Date Loaf Recipe (Egg Free/ Eggless)Black Currant Dates Kheer RecipeSheer Khurma Recipe (Seviyan or Vermicelli Kheer Pudding)Nolen Gur Panna Cotta Recipe (Fresh Dates Jaggery Panna Cotta)
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||10 min|
|Cooking Time ||25 min|
|Total Time ||35 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 3 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Karnataka Style Utthatthi Payasa - Dry Dates Kheer
- 1 cup Dates - deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 Dates - deseeded and cubed for garnish
- 2 cups Milk - or coconut milk for vegan option
- 1/4 cup Jaggery - grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 1 tablespoon Cashew nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon Badam (Almond) - chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Pistachios - chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
How to make Karnataka Style Utthatthi Payasa - Dry Dates Kheer
- To prepare Karnataka Style Utthatthi Payasa Recipe, deseed the dates and chop them into small pieces.
- In a mixer-jar, add dates, a cup of milk and grind them into a fine paste.Mix the ground date paste with the remaining cup of milk.
- Add cardamom powder and combine them well.Heat this payasa on medium flame and bring it to a brisk boil.Once it starts boiling, switch off the flame.In a small pan, add ghee and heat it over a medium flame.
- Add cashews and fry until they turn golden.Season uttatthi payasa recipe with fried cashews and chopped pistachios and almonds.ServeKarnataka Style Utthatthi Payasa Recipefor dessert after meal ofKeerai Sambar,Steamed RiceandChow Chow Thoranor serve it as part of a festive meal.
Explore Related Recipes
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.