Mughlai Zafrani Murg Recipe
Mughlai Zafrani Murg Recipe is a delicious recipe made with chicken in yogurt gravy, flavoured with saffron.
Mughlai Zafrani Murg Recipe is a delicious recipe made with chicken in yogurt gravy, flavoured with saffron. Chicken is marinated with lot of yogurt, fresh cream and handy spices and spice powders like cumin powder, coriander powder and lemon juice. This a quick method of preparing the dish since I have used microwave oven to cook the dish. You can also make it in kadai which will take about 40-50 minutes. Make sure you prepare this dish in a non stick pan since there is absolutely no oil used in the recipe. You can pair this recipe along withNaansor side it with biryanis or pulao.ServeMughlai Zafrani Murg Recipe withSaffron Pilaf Recipe (Kesar Pulao)or plain steamed rice andAwadhi Moong Dal Ki Goli Recipefor a complete meal.If you like this recipe, try more recipes likeKasuri Malai Murgh RecipeDum Ka Murgh (Lagan Ka Murgh) RecipeAlu Bukhara Murgh Recipe (Chicken With Indian Plums)Bhut Jolokia Murgh Recipe (Ghost Chilli Chicken Curry)
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||15 min|
|Cooking Time ||20 min|
|Total Time ||35 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 3 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Mughlai Zafrani Murg
- 500 grams Chicken - chopped to bite size
- 100 grams Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh cream
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Saffron strands
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- Salt - to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder - to spinkle
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves - chopped
How to make Mughlai Zafrani Murg
- To begin makingMughlai Zafrani Murg Recipe, wash the chicken and pat them dry.In a small bowl, to the saffron strands, add a teaspoon of water and let it sit for about 5 minutes to soak.In a mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, cream and yogurt with a fork till combined.
- Save a tablespoon of cream for garnishing finally.Also add cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, salt and bay leaf to the bowl.Now add the chicken pieces to the yogurt and spices mixture, mix well with fingers such that all the chicken pieces are coated well.
- Also add the soaked saffron with its water and give a mix.
- You can save a few strands for garnish at the end.Keep the chicken to marinate in the freezer for at least 1-2 hours.After marination, transfer the marinated chicken to a big microwave safe deep bowl.Microwave for 10-15 minutes on high power or till the chicken is cooked.
- Keep checking every minute after 5 minutes since the cooking in microwave completely depends on the power of the waves, which differ with every brand and model of the oven.Kadai MethodTransfer the marinated chicken in a non stick pan along with yogurt and heat on medium flame with the lid closed.Cook on low-medium heat till the chicken is done and cooked to tender.Once the chicken is cooked completely, transfer to a serving bowl, add the reserved fresh cream and saffron strands.
- Garnish with coriander, sprinkle the garam masala and serve.ServeMughlai Zafrani Murg Recipe withSaffron Pilaf Recipe (Kesar Pulao)or plain steamed rice andAwadhi Moong Dal Ki Goli Recipefor a complete meal.
Explore Related Recipes
- Pea And Spring Onion Soup Recipe
- Uttarkhand Style Mixed Bhaddu Dal Recipe
- Chole Semiya Pulao Recipe - Chickpea Vermicelli Pulao
- Karnataka Style Badanekai Yennegai Gojju Recipe (Stuffed Brinjal Recipe)
- Murgh Ajmeri Recipe
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.