North Indian Style Mushroom Matar Masala Recipe
Enjoy North Indian Style Mushroom Matar Masala along with Dal Makhani and Pudina Lahsun Lachha Paratha for a weekday lunch or dinner.
North Indian Style Mushroom Matar Masala is easy to make and is a great dish to cook for your weeknight dinners. It tastes good with parathas, phulkas and any type of pulav. You can also pack it for your or your kids lunch box. Make it as a side dish for your house parties and we are sure it will stand out among all the dishes.Serve North Indian Style Mushroom Matar Masala along with Dal Makhani and Pudina Lahsun Lachha Paratha for a weekday lunch or dinner.If you like this recipe, you can also try other Mushroom recipes such asPaleo Balsamic Mushrooms RecipePepper Mushroom Stir Fry RecipeMushroom Paratha Recipe
|Cuisine||North Indian Recipes|
|Diet||High Protein Vegetarian|
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||10 min|
|Cooking Time ||30 min|
|Total Time ||40 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 2 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare North Indian Style Mushroom Matar Masala
- 1 cup Button mushrooms - chopped
- 1 cup Green peas (Matar) - boiled
- Sunflower Oil - as required
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Asafoetida (hing) - a pinch
- 1 Onion - chopped
- 1 Onion - paste
- 1 Tomato - paste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Green Chilli - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Water - as required
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves - chopped
How to make North Indian Style Mushroom Matar Masala
- To begin making the North Indian Style Mushroom Matar, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Let it splutter.Add the chopped onions and cook it for about a minute or two.
- Next, add the ginger garlic paste and let it cook for 3 minutes.After 3 minutes, add the onion paste and green chillies and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add the tomato puree and all the masalas including red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder.
- Let it cook for about 5 to 7 minutes.Meanwhile heat a little oil in a pan and stir fry the mushroom for about 2 to 3 minutes and boil the green peas till they become soft.After this add the stir fried mushrooms and boiled green peas to the gravy and add a little water.
- Let it cook for another 10 minutes.Once it is done, add the chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.Serve North Indian Style Mushroom Matar Masala along withDal MakhaniandPudina Lahsun Lachha Parathafor a weekday lunch or dinner.
Explore Related Recipes
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.