Peanut Chutney Podi Recipe
Peanut Chutney Powder is a perfect blend of roasted peanuts, garlic cloves and chillies.
Peanut Chutney Podi recipe is a perfect blend of roasted peanuts, garlic cloves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, tamarind, curry leaves and chillies. It is a very easy recipe to prepare and can be stored for days without getting spoilt. Given its longevity, it makes for a great travel food without the fear of leakage like with pickles that we normally take along when travelling.This Peanut Chutney Powder recipe can be served as an accompaniment along with any indian bread, parathas, dosas or even steamed rice with ghee.It goes well with most South Indian breakfast items.ServePeanut Chutney Podi Recipe withJolada Roti Recipe (Jowar Bhakri)orHomemade Soft IdliandTomato Garlic Chutney Recipe.Other Podi recipes that you can try are:Karuveppilai Chutney Podi Recipe - Curry Leaves Chutney PodiAndhra Style Paruppu Podi Recipe - Dal PodiIdli Dosa Milagai Podi Recipe - South Indian Chilli Chutney Powder
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||5 min|
|Cooking Time ||5 min|
|Total Time ||10 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 1 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Peanut Chutney Podi
- 2 cups Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali) - deskinned
- 6 Dry Red Chillies
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 teaspoons Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 15 grams Tamarind
- Salt - to taste
How to make Peanut Chutney Podi
- To begin making the Peanut Chutney Podi Recipe, into a preheated pan add the dry red chillies, cumin seeds,coriander seeds and roast for about two minutes on medium heat till the cumin seeds start to turn brown in colour.Add the garlic pods and curry leaves to the pan and saute till the curry leaves become crisp.
- Keep aside to cool.Once the roasted ingredients are cooled add them to a chopper or blender along with the tamarind, roasted peanuts and salt to taste.
- Blend to make a coarse powder.If you over blend then the podi becomes a paste and becomes sticky with all the oils released from the peanuts.
- So while blending stop in between and pulse a couple of times.TransferPeanut Chutney Podi Recipe into an airtight jar.ServePeanut Chutney Podi RecipewithJolada Roti Recipe (Jowar Bhakri)orHomemade Soft IdliandTomato Garlic Chutney Recipe.
Explore Related Recipes
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.