Quinoa Brown Rice and Vegetable Pulao Recipe
Serve aromatic high fiber, high protein, one pot meal of Quinoa Brown Rice Pilaf With Fresh Vegetables for weeknight dinner or lunch.On those busy days, this will be a different, high protein, high fiber, one dish meal that will come to your rescue. Serve it with a raita of your choice.
Quinoa Brown Rice Pilaf is an aromatic, flavorful pilaf made using quinoa, brown rice and fresh seasonal vegetables. On those busy days, this will be a different, high protein, high fiber, one dish meal that will come to your rescue.Quinoa is a gluten free ingredient that makes it an excellent food for people who are following a gluten free diet. It is considered as a seed that contains twice the amount of fibre when compared to other grains. It is also rich in protein and can be replaced in dishes that use rice for a healthy diet.Serve Quinoa Brown Rice Pilaf with Burani Raita Recipe (Garlic Based Yogurt) or Mint And Pomegranate Raita Recipe for a comforting weeknight dinner or lunch.Try more such Quinoa Recipes like :Quinoa With Grilled Zucchini & Chickpea RecipeQuinoa Sweet Paniyaram RecipeMexican Brown Rice and Quinoa Casserole RecipeQuinoa Vegetable Khichdi/ Upma RecipeDid you know: Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and contains iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E and fiber. It is a plant food enriched with protein and comprised of all essential amino acids. Quinoa is a great inclusion for diabetic diet
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||20 min|
|Cooking Time ||35 min|
|Total Time ||55 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 4 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Quinoa Brown Rice and Vegetable Pulao
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Brown Rice - soaked in water
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (gobi) - florets
- 1 Potato (Aloo) - peeled and diced
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) - diced
- 1/4 cup Green beans (French Beans) - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 Onion - chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1/2 inch Ginger - grated
- 3 cloves Garlic - grated
- 2 Green Chilli - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil - or ghee
- Salt - to taste
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 4 cups Hot water
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves - few
How to make Quinoa Brown Rice and Vegetable Pulao
- To begin making theQuinoa Brown Rice Pilaf, place a heavy bottom pan on medium heat.
- Add a teaspoon of oil or ghee.
- Once it is medium hot, add onions, garlic, ginger, green chilies and fennel seeds.
- Saute them for a minute.
- Add the chopped vegetables - cauliflower, potato, carrot, green beans and green peas.
- Saute the vegetables on medium flame for about 5-7 minutes until they soften.
- Add garam masala powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Grate ginger and garlic to it.
- After a minute add the chopped green chilli.
- Add 2 cups boiling water and coconut milk.
- Mix all the ingredients well and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, turn the heat to medium.At this stage, drain the soaked rice.
- Add quinoa and rice into the boiling mixture, turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook on low heat until all the water is absorbed and Quinoa Brown Rice Pilaf is cooked.At this stage, the quinoa and rice should be perfectly cooked.
- Once done, turn off the heat and allow it to remain covered for about 5 to 10 minutes before you can serve.Once ready, open and fluff it up with a fort and transfer the Quinoa Brown Rice Pilaf in a serving plate.
- Stir it with freshly chopped coriander and lemon juice and serve.Serve Quinoa Brown Rice Pilaf with Burani Raita Recipe (Garlic Based Yogurt) or Mint And Pomegranate Raita Recipe for a comforting weeknight dinner or lunch.
Explore Related Recipes
- Baked Pasta Recipe With Spinach And Artichoke
- Oats Uppu Kozhukattai Recipe
- Garlic & Ginger Spiced Potato Wedges Recipe (Baked)
- Achari Chicken Masala Pasta Recipe
- Andhra Style Pindi Miriyam Recipe