Shikampuri Kebab Recipe - Kebabs made with Brown Chickpeas
The Shikhampuri Kebab Recipe are wholesome kebabs that are healthy and yet delicious. The Kebabs are made from kala chana and filled in the centre with a hung curd (greek yogurt) and served along with spicy coriander chutney.
TheShikampuri Kebab Recipe are wholesome kebabs that are healthy and yet delicious. The Kebabs are made from kalachana and filled in the centre with a hung curd (greek yogurt) and served along with spicy coriander chutney.Did You Know:Chickpeas make for a very nutritious and healthy diet. It reduces cholesterol, prevents constipation and helps prevent digestive disorders. Chickpeas are rich in potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium. It also has impressive amounts of iron, sodium, selenium and small amounts of copper, zinc and manganese. Know MoreIf you like this recipe, you can also try other Appetiser recipes such asBhaji Miligai And Baby Potato Fry RecipeChicken Galauti Kebab RecipeParsi Mutton Cutlets Recipe
|Cuisine||North Indian Recipes|
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||10 min|
|Cooking Time ||45 min|
|Total Time ||55 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 4 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Shikampuri Kebab - Kebabs made with Brown Chickpeas
- 1 cup Kala Chana (Brown Chickpeas)
- 2 Potato (Aloo) - boiled and mashed
- 1 inch Ginger - grated
- 3 cloves Garlic - finely chopped
- 3 Green Chillies - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder - (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt - to taste
- 4 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves - finely chopped
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Gram flour (besan)
- Sunflower Oil - as required
- 200 grams Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
How to make Shikampuri Kebab - Kebabs made with Brown Chickpeas
- To begin making theShikampuri Kebab Recipe, we will first soak the kala chana in water for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Once soaked, cook the channa in a pressure cooker until soft.
- You will know it is cooked well, when you press it between your fingers it will mash easily.
- Click to see the video recipe of how to cook chana in a pressure cooker.Once the channa is cooked and you have all the other ingredients ready, we will now process the ingredients in a food processor.
- Into the food processor, add the cooked kala chana, the green chillies, garlic, ginger, mint & coriander leaves.
- Pulse to make an almost smooth mixture.Add the ground channa into a large mixing bowl, add in the mashed potatoes, the red chilli powder, gram flour, coriander powder, amchur, garam masala and red chilli powder.
- Stir well to combine.
- Check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.Our next step is to stuff the kebab mixture with a spoon of yogurt.
- Do do this, divide theShikampuri Kebab mixture into equal size large lemon portions.
- Take each portion,Take each portion, and flatten it in the palm of your hand.
- Spoon a teaspoon of yogurt in the center and bring the edges of the kebab mixture towards the center and seal the filling in.
- Once you have sealed the kebabs with the filling inside, flatten theShikampuri Kebabs just a little.Proceed the same way with the remaining kebabs.Our next step is to cook theShikampuri Kebab on a pan.
- Grease and heat a panon medium heat.
- Place the kebabs on the pan, drizzle oil and cook on medium heat flipping multiple times until the kebab is browned well from all the sides.Serve theShikampuri Kebabs along the Green Chutney as a tea time snack or even as an appetizer for parties.
Explore Related Recipes
- Chicken Rendang Recipe - Malaysian-Indonesian Chicken Stew
- Provenal Tomato Rice Soup Recipe
- Garlic Knot Recipe
- Roasted Vegetable Quesadilla Recipe With Zucchini, Carrots & Red Cabbage
- Kondakadalai Puli Vengaya Kuzhambu Recipe (South Indian Style Spicy And Tangy Kala Chana)
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.