Sour Sweet Pudla Recipe - Gujarati Steel Sweet & Savory Panke
Khatta Meetha Pudla Recipe is a sumputuous stack of sweet pancakes and savoury pancakes, layered with tomato ketchup and green chutney. A bite of this stack will leave you with a burst of flavours in your mouth.
Khatta Meetha Pudla Recipe is a Gujarati Style Sweet & Savoury Pancake Recipe. Here I have combined Meetha Pudlaand a khara/khatta version of pudla to make this recipe.Spicy savoury pancakes, are stacked along with sweet jaggery pancakes, a generous slather pf tomato ketchup and fresh green chutney in between, gives it a lovely flavour.ServeKhatta Meetha Pudla Recipe as an evening snack with masala chai.Here are more Gujarati recipes to tryChurma Ladoo Recipe (Atta/Whole Wheat Ladoo)Bhakri Recipe (A Multigrain Gujarati Flat Bread)Golpapdi Recipe (Traditional Gujarati Sweet Crackers)Doodhi Na Muthiya Dhokla Recipe
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||15 min|
|Cooking Time ||25 min|
|Total Time ||40 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 2 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Sour Sweet Pudla - Gujarati Steel Sweet & Savory Panke
- 1-1/2 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes - very finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli - finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder) - (optional)
- Salt - to taste
- 1 cup Water
- Sunflower Oil - to drizzile while cooking
- 1 cup Jaggery - grated
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Water - (adjust)
- Sunflower Oil - to drizzle
- Roasted tomato pasta sauce - as needed
- Green Chutney (Coriander & Mint) - as needed
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves - a few
How to make Sour Sweet Pudla - Gujarati Steel Sweet & Savory Panke
- To begin making theKhatta Meetha Pudla Recipe, we will make Khatta pudla and meetha pudla separately to prepare Khatta Meetha Pudla RecipeTo Make Khatta Pudla:In a mixing bowl, combine thegram flour, tomatoes, green chillies, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, a pinch of asafetida, salt to taste, water and mix it well and set aside for 10 mins.Heat a non-stick tawa on a medium flame and grease it lightly with oil.Pour 1/4th portion of the mixture on it and spread it evenly using a ladle to make a thin pancake.Sprinkle few chopped coriander leaves and cook on both the sides until it become golden brown.
- Repeat to prepare pudla from the rest of the batter.To make Meetha Pudla:In a mixing bowl, soak jaggery in water for few mins until it melts properly.Now add whole wheat flour and mix it well using whisk so no lumps arise.Heat non stick tawa and grease a oil on it on medium flame.Pour 1/4th portion of mixture using ladle and spread it evenly to make thin pancake.Cook on both the sides until it becomes golden brown.
- Repeat to use all the batter.Serving:Place one khatta pudla, apply some tomato ketchup and green chutney on it, sprinkle coriander leaves.
- On top, place meetha pudla and cut them into pieces or serve as whole.ServeKhatta Meetha Pudla Recipe as an evening snack withmasala chai.
Explore Related Recipes
- Drumstick Spinach Fry With Moong Dal Recipe
- Simple Mutton Curry With Coconut Recipe
- Chicken Burrito Recipe
- Roasted Beet Salad Recipe With Pearl Barley & Spinach
- Milagai Bajji Stuffed with Masala Chicken Recipe
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.