Soy Chunks Manchurian Recipe In Sweet & Spicy Chinese Sauce
The Soy Chunks Manchurian Recipe is a perfect blend of the soy protein along with peppers and flavored with a sweet and spicy Chinese sauce.
TheSoy Chunks Manchurian Recipe is a perfect blend of the soy protein along with peppers and flavored with a sweet and spicy Chinese sauce. You can make the Soy Chunks Manchurian dry or saucy based on which course of the meal you would like to serve it with.Serve theSoy Chunks Manchurian along with a bowl of steamed rice if it is saucy making it a perfect weeknight dinner.Other recipes that you can try are:Methi Ragi Soy Wheat Thepla RecipeGrilled Vegetarian Moussaka Recipe With Soy GranulesHigh Protein Spinach & Soy Bites Recipe
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||15 min|
|Cooking Time ||30 min|
|Total Time ||45 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 2 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Soy Chunks Manchurian In Sweet & Spicy Chinese Sauce
- 100 grams Soy Chunks (Nuggets)
- 4 Spring Onion Greens - finely chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) - cut into wedges
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) - cut into wedges
- 2 cloves Garlic - finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies - finely chopped
- 1 Ginger - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil - or sunflower oil
- Salt - to taste
How to make Soy Chunks Manchurian In Sweet & Spicy Chinese Sauce
- To begin making the Soy Chunks Manchurian In Sweet & Spicy Chinese Sauce, first soak the soya chunks in water for about 10 minutes.Once soaked, cook soy chunk nuggets in a saucepan, along with a little salt for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Once the nuggets are cooked, drain the water and keep the nuggets aside.The next step is to make the Manchurian sauce.Mix the cornflour with 1/4 cup of water.Add soya sauce, ketchup, chilli sauce and salt.Heat oil in a wok or frying pan on high heat; add garlic, ginger, peppers, green chillies, spring onions and stir fry for a few seconds.Add the cornflour mixture to the above and cook for a few minutes until thick and the corn flour is cooked.
- Add the cooked soya chunk nuggets into the manchurian sauce and cover the pan.Simmer the Soy Chunk Manchurian for about 5 minutes, until all the sauces have been well absorbed and the soy chunks feel cooked and juicy.
- You can adjust the consistency by adding a little more vegetable stock.Once done, turn off the heat, check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.Garnish with spring onion leaves and extra green chillies if you like it spicy.Serve the Soy Chunks Manchurian along with a bowl of steamed rice for a quick weeknight dinner.
Explore Related Recipes
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.