Steamed Cauliflower Curry Recipe (Healthy Stir Fry)
50+ Collection of South Indian Dry Vegetable Sabzi from TamilNadu Poriyal Recipes, Andhra Koora Recipes, Kerala Thoran Recipes, Karnataka Palya Recipes & more.
TheSteamed Cauliflower Curry Recipe is a simple, healthy recipe that you can make for dinners or lunches in a matter of minutes. As a child, I grew up eating vegetables that are steamed with just enough salt and pepper and a tadka, so give it subtle flavors. And over time, this is what I grew to love. The simplicity of food, with subtle spices, brings out the flavors and the texture of the cauliflower curry. You can experiment with different spices, adding them one at a time every time you make this curry. This process of cooking and experimenting, is a great way to learn about ingredients and food.ServeSteamed Cauliflower Curry along with Boondi Raita and Phulka for a weekday lunch or dinner.If you like this recipe, you can also try other Vegetable recipes such asLauki Badi Ki SabziMalvani Kurkuri BhindiSenai Kizhangu Varuval
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||10 min|
|Cooking Time ||20 min|
|Total Time ||30 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 4 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Steamed Cauliflower Curry (Healthy Stir Fry)
- 1 Cauliflower (gobi) - cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper powder - to taste
- Sunflower Oil - for cooking
How to make Steamed Cauliflower Curry (Healthy Stir Fry)
- To begin making the Steamed Cauliflower Curry Recipe, we will first steam the cauliflower.
- You can use a steamer or a pressure cooker to steam it.If you use a pressure cooker, place the florets in the pressure cooker, sprinkle some salt, add a tablespoon of water and cover the cooker.
- Place the weight on and pressure cooker for just one whistle.
- As soon as you hear one whistle, turn off the heat and release the pressure immediately by placing the cooker under running cold water.
- This will release the pressure immediately and stop the cooking process immediately.Open the cooker and you will notice the cauliflower is lightly steamed and is also firm.
- This is exactly the texture we want for the cauliflower curry.Our next step is to season the cauliflower curry to give it taste.
- Here is where you can experiment with your spices, but I am keeping it simple.Heat a teaspoon of oil in a wok or a kadai; add the cumin seeds, curry leaves and allow it to crackle.
- Stir in the black pepper powder and finally the steamed cauliflower and stir fry it until the cauliflower gets well coated with the pepper and cumin.
- After about a minute turn off the heat.Transfer the Steamed Cauliflower Curry to a serving bowl and serve it for a quick weeknight dinner or pack it into your lunch boxes.ServeSteamed Cauliflower Curry along withBoondi RaitaandPhulkafor a weekday lunch or dinner.
Explore Related Recipes