Upside Down Choco Orange Cake Recipe
Upside Down Choco Orange Cake Recipe is a delicious upside down orange cake filled with lots of chocolate chips - with a melt-in-the-mouth light texture.
Upside Down Choco Orange Cake Recipe is a delicious upside down orange cake filled with lots of chocolate chips - with a melt-in-the-mouth light texture. Wheat flour makes it very healthy.Our original recipe contained only maida and no wheat flour. For a healthy twist, I have replaced half the maida with the same amount of wheat flour. Adding wheat flour makes the cake dense. Hence, for a lighter texture, we have added additional 2 tablespoons of orange juice and also reduced the baking temperature.This cake is ideal to be served at kid parties and also for your friends and relatives with hot cup of tea or coffee during evening. This can also make a nice party dessert when served with a scoop of ice cream, chocolate sprinkles and a dribble of chocolate sauce.Serve Upside Down Choco Orange Cake Recipe with Maple Roasted Cinnamon Spiced Latte Recipe for teatime.If you like this recipe, try more recipes likePineapple Upside Down Cake RecipeStrawberry Upside Down Muffin RecipeUpside Down Pear Ginger Cake Recipe
Time & Servings
|Prep Time ||20 min|
|Cooking Time ||38 min|
|Total Time ||58 min|
|Servings ||The recipe yields 6 Servings|
Ingredients you need to prepare Upside Down Choco Orange Cake
- 90 gram Vivatta Maida
- 90 gram Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest (Rind)
- 140 grams Butter (unsalted)
- 150 grams Sugar
- 3/4 cup Fresh orange juice - (divided)
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons Butter (unsalted)
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar (Demerara Sugar)
- 3 Oranges - sliced
How to make Upside Down Choco Orange Cake
- For the toppingTo begin making Upside Down Choco Orange Cake Recipe, proceed with preparing the topping first.
- Melt the butter in a pan on medium heat, taking care to ensure that it does not burn.
- Add demerara sugar.Let the mixture boil.
- Remove from heat after about 1 minute when it is caramelised.Pour the mixture into round springform baking pan.
- Roll the pan to ensure that the mixture coats the bottom of the pan completely.
- Set it aside.For the CakeSift all the dry ingredients: maida, wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda thrice.
- This ensures all ingredients are well mixed and aerated, resulting in a lighter cake.
- Add the orange zest and mix lightly.Put butter and sugar together in a big bowl.
- With the help of a hand mixer, beat the sugar and white butter till light and fluffy.Add 1 egg at a time to this bowl.
- Beat to incorporate the eggs into sugar butter mixture completely.Now add the orange juice and beat till mixed.
- Keep aside.For AssemblyCut the oranges into thin slices.Arrange the slices over the hardened bottom of the baking pan.
- Start from the centre and work outwards.
- Place the slices in circle one overlapping the other till the whole pan bottom is covered with the slices.
- Topping is now ready.Add dry and wet cake ingredients together and beat for a few seconds.Coat the chocolate chips with maida and fold them in the cake dough.
- Coating them in flour helps the chocolate chips in keeping them from sinking to the bottom.
- Pour it over the orange slices in the baking pan.Bake the cake in a pre-heated oven at 170 deg Celsius for 35-40 minutes.
- Insert a cake pin or a skewer in the middle of the cake and if the cake is baked well, the skewer will come out clean.Remove the cake pan from oven once done.Invert the cake over the cake dish when hot (Since it is difficult to remove the cake once it cools down.
- But if you use a springform cake pan, it's easier)Serve Upside Down Choco Orange Cake Recipe with Maple Roasted Cinnamon Spiced Latte Recipe for teatime.
Explore Related Recipes
- Baked & Crisp Whole Wheat Methi Puri Recipe (Healthy Snack)
- Agathi Keerai Recipe
- Carrot & Capsicum Sabzi Recipe - No Onion No Garlic
- Lentils and Mixed Grains Khichda Recipe
- Apple Empanadas Recipe
Explore delicious recipes, pro cooking tips, & food inspiration. Join us in celebrating the joy of food & embracing culinary art.
Copyright © FoodyMummy. All rights reserved.